RTO Resources Finder - Individual Units of Competency
You can be assured that GeSS products come from writers and developers that have had extensive experience within their individual industries; along with invaluable experience writing, teaching and developing student and teacher resources over the last 20 plus years. Our passion is content; education content to be specific. Content that is focused on broadening student’s skills, abilities and knowledge.
Quality content means that students are engaged and can gain sufficient knowledge and competency in order to successfully complete assessment. This allows RTOs and Education Institutions to build on their retention and completion rates, while supporting their trainers with valuable resources. While it is imperative that all assessment is compliant, we sometimes forget that if the student is not engaged with the content of the unit; then they won’t even get to the assessment. This is why we are focused on content as well as compliant assessment.
GeSS resources consist of:
1. Learner Guide/Student Workbook:
A comprehensive Manual that consists of current content, theory, activities, exercises, referrals and case studies. It is written in distance format focusing on topics, elements, and performance criteria within the unit of competency. They are also written in a student friendly style that will encourage students to continue with their studies. All Manuals are mapped to the appropriate training package documentation. The combination of GeSS Manuals and teacher resources will cover the knowledge evidence required for each unit of competency.
Compliant or we will re-write.
3. RTO & Assessor Guide:
This guide includes student assessment, assessment mapping document, assessment benchmark answers, activity answers, result/competency sheets, and marking guides. Supplied in Word for contextualisation purposes, however ready to use in most circumstances.
All Assessment goes through a Validation process and documentation can be provided upon request.
5. Teacher/Student Additional Resources:
Teacher/Student Additional Resources that allow Trainers to be ready to deliver to their class with little preparation time. GeSS teacher resources are a valuable addition for either online, classes or workshop delivery. They are also ideal as content for online resources.
Teaching/Student Additional Resources consist of a combination of the following:
- PowerPoint presentation/s. PowerPoint presentations can be used for class presentations or uploaded to student learning management systems as on-line activities. Presentations can also be printed and used as student handouts. Each unit of competency has on average two to three PowerPoints aligned to the student workbook and in other units, further topic PowerPoints are included in the teaching resources. These topic PowerPoints can be used towards a bank of content for the qualification as a whole.
- Student activities and exercises. These activities and exercises work well in either a face-to-face classroom delivery or via distance/on-line. Great for encouraging students to retain information from presentation.
- Teacher notes covering PowerPoint presentation on a specific topic, along with answers to activities and exercises. Great tool for teachers if they wish to use content for on-line support programs such as Moodle or Blackboard.
- Student handout/workbook covering in-depth knowledge on a specific topic. Ideal for Teachers to use as on-line content.
- Suggested Readings & videos
- Formative & Summative Assessment Activities
We can provide resources branded with your Logo for an extra charge of $2.00 per student. Please let us know via email upon ordering your resources.