This course is uniquely designed to include an Internship to maximise your ability to gain sought after practical skills. These skills will give you that added advantage when applying for work PLUS help you develop much needed work contacts and networks. This course is only offered face-to-face at our Gold Coast Campus at Australia Fair, Southport. Over a 2-year period you will be skilled in the following areas:
• Management skills – manage event staging components, on-site event operations, finances within budget, lead teams and projects
• Administration skills – complex spreadsheets, production of business documents, interpret product information, and monitor work operations
• Creative event specific skills – organise rehearsals, incorporate creative and technical needs, develop concepts, and design, apply and remove make-up
• Develop and plan conference programs, in-house events, or functions
• Provide responsible service of alcohol (RSA)
• Many more
Events are diverse in nature and this course provides a pathway to work for event or exhibition organisations operating in a range of industries, including the tourism and travel, hospitality, sport, cultural, and community sectors.
The diversity of employers includes event or exhibition management companies, wedding planners, event venues, dance schools, or organisations that organise their own events. Work could be undertaken in an office environment where the planning of events takes place, on-site at venues where events are staged or a combination of both. Event management is relevant to work within Australia or overseas.