Dean Clark Scholarship
This scholarship is for a selected Titans Gold Coast Physical Disability Rugby League (PDRL) community player each year to undertake the Diploma of Sport (Coaching). In celebration of Dean winning the 2023 QLD Training Awards Equity Student of the Year we are proud to create a legacy for Dean to pass the baton onto his fellow disability community by showing that the impossible is possible every day and to break stereotypes barriers to achieve your dreams.
Dean has overcome a brain injury and completed a Diploma of Sport through GeSS Education as a mature aged student. He credits his success to the encouragement of his partner, his sports trainer Brenden Jones, and the individualised learning and assessment options he received. He is recognized as an active member in the community as a mentor to younger players and is proud to help other people in his position through his own experiences. His training has also benefitted his level of computer skills, reading, and writing with this course assessment being online. Vocational Education and Training has given Dean the opportunity to gain a qualification in an industry that he is passionate about and learn the skills needed to become a qualified coach by undertaking his nationalized recognized qualification SIS50321 Diploma of Sport (Coaching and Sport Development). Skills and knowledge obtained in the course related to pursuing a career working in sport industry through coaching, leading, and developing athletes along with managing competitions, sports centres, and facilities. Upon successful competition of the course students can work as a qualified coach within a range of sporting disciplines. Dean choose to undertake his Diploma to gain new skills and develop employment opportunities to work within the sporting industry.
‘My friends and family are very proud of what I have achieved over the past 2 years since commencing my study. Without my qualification, I would not be working in my current role and been identified for the opportunities I have been given. I enjoy contributing to my local community and believe I can be a good example for future students that it doesn’t matter how old you are or what learning barriers you may have; you can achieve anything you set your mind to with a supportive VET provider and surrounding community’ says Dean.
If you are a current Titans Gold Coast PDRL player and are interested in being selected for this yearly scholarship, please contact [email protected] for more information.
Indigenous Australians Scholarship
This scholarship provides Indigenous students in financial need assistance towards a vocational education course cost at GeSS Education to support their academic success. Our aim is to provide students with access to opportunities and benefits that come from vocational education, no matter their background or circumstance
The following course selection is available for this scholarship:
• CUA30313 Certificate III in Assistant Dance Teaching
• SIS20321 Certificate II in Sport Coaching
• SIS20122 Certificate II in Sports & Recreation
• SIS30321 Certificate III in Fitness
• SIS40211 Certificate IV in Fitness
• SIS50321 Diploma of Sport (Coaching)
• SIS50321 Diploma of Sport (Coaching) *Esport Edition
• HLT23215 Certificate II in Health Support Services
• CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing & Disability)
• CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services
• CHC50221 Diploma of School Age Education & Care
• BSB30120 Certificate III in Business
• BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business (Cyber Security)
• BSB50120 Diploma of Business
• SIT50322 Diploma of Event Management
• SIT50122 Diploma of Travel & Tourism
• BSB50820 Diploma of Project Management
• BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership & Management
To be eligible for the scholarship an applicant must:
Be of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent and provide either: a Confirmation of Aboriginality from a Local Aboriginal Land Council or other Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander organisation; or a Commonwealth Statutory Declaration form accompanied by two written references from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people from the applicant’s community who can confirm their identity and are not an immediate family member.
If you are interested in applying for this yearly scholarship, please contact [email protected] for more information and supply the following information:
• A copy of your Confirmation of Aboriginality
• What course you are interested in studying?
• How will this training impact your community?
• What are your achievements in areas other than study and work?
• What achievements are you hoping to achieve after competition of your selected course?
GeSS Education acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the Traditional Custodians of the land where we live, learn and work.
We pay our respects to Elders past and present.