2022 marks 10 years for GeSS
It’s been two years since we opened our campus at Australia Fair, Southport on 20th January 2020 and 2022 also marks 10 years since the inception of GeSS. While COVID has thrown us many challenges it has also provided us with many opportunities and decisions have been made that possibly would not have been made in a different setting. These decisions have seen GeSS grow exponentially during this 2-year period and we have been able to showcase our campus, programs, reality training initiatives, and especially our ability to find employment for our graduates.
Best decision ever, was our campus location and design. Everyone that walks into our campus is greeted with an inclusive, respectful and happy environment. This is achieved through our open expansive areas for students to mingle before and after class. Classes are held in a variety of traditional classrooms along with contemporary open class areas PLUS, let’s not forget the best College views on the Gold Coast.
While we have achieved many milestones in the last 2 years. Below are the major ones that have impacted our growth and have made us so popular with students:
• Partnership with TESS enabling us to deliver government funded Certificate courses in the much sought-after Health sector.
• Building of our reality inspired aged care PRAC Room
• Introducing DSM and offering a large range of management courses
• Partnering with new Colleges to bring more variety to students and future job and PR opportunities – Fit Education (Sports & Fitness), and CBC Institute (Travel & Tourism & Community Services)
• Opening of our South Asia office in New Delhi
• Opening of our Student Information Centre on ground floor at Australia Fair
• Being chosen as a partner of Griffith University, enabling our offshore international students to package their choice of vocational qualification and University degree under one High Education VISA.
• Commencing delivery to High School students and giving them the opportunity to graduate with both a vocational qualification and their QCE (senior certificate) as a pathway to University or employment
• Enhancing our GeSS LMS with advanced add-ons to support student engagement while studying on campus and online
• Commencing our offshore/online certificate programs for aged care and allied health
• Commencing our Online Study Tour Programs in South Korea leading to future on-campus Study Tours now that borders are opening
What to expect for 2022 – Well, we have had such great success with finding our students employment that we will now officially add this service to all students who graduate from one of our qualifications at GeSS Education – Gold Coast Campus. There is no cost for this service. This service is our thank you to our dedicated students who strive to be fully prepared for their future job by studying our unique reality training initiatives. What else you may ask – of course, some new courses are coming on board that will enhance employment opportunities.
Interestingly, so many updates have already occurred since starting this article. Our first High School Diploma of Sports graduate Tyra Eldridge has been offered a scholarship with Griffith University, international students are now able to come to Qld directly from overseas without doing quarantine, and we have just been offered paid placement by one of our aged care/disability providers for future students of the Certificate III in individual Support, why, because they were so impressed with how well our students were prepared for the workplace. This is a testament to our dedicated team at GeSS who strive to make dreams come true for our students.
I can’t wait to see what my update will be for 2023!!!
Cristine Russell | Founder & Managing Director, GeSS Education
Phone: 07 5559 1605
Mobile: 0421 951 693
Email: [email protected]
Address: Level 8, Australia Fair, 36 Marine Parade, Southport QLD 4215