Julie has had an extensive career in Aged Care and Allied Health. She currently works at Melody Park (Seventh Day Adventist Aged Care) Nerang in the following capacity:
- PCA – Low care, High care, and Dementia care. Also Community care for the ILU Residents.
- General Administration.
- Education – Organizing Mandatory and elective education for all staff, online and inhouse. Giving Toolbox education sessions (PPE donning/doffing etc.). Contributor to Education implementation.
- ILU – First point of contact for ILU residents. Giving tours to interested purchasing parties.
- I.T – First point of contact. Contributor to I.T troubleshooting and implementation/education.
- General duties under Care Manager and Operations Manager, and Reach for the Stars advocate – Work culture/Signature Behaviours
We are very lucky to have Julie on campus 2 days per week, as she brings to GeSS Education a hands on approach to individual support and the behind the scenes knowledge of Aged Care facilities; along with being a great communicator with students and staff alike. Julie holds numerous vocational qualifications in Infection Prevention; Aged Care; Small Business Management; and Massage Therapies. Julie also holds a Bachelor of Arts Honors Degree from the University of Roehampton in London. We are very excited to have Julie impart her vast knowledge and experience with our students, as well as her infectious positive nature.